Wednesday, January 13, 2010

An Introduction

Hello! I'm Valerie Moore and this is my second semester as a SLIS student. I received my BA in English from IUPUI a couple of years ago, and I'm really enjoying being back in school again!

I don't have a whole lot of library experience. (I worked briefly at the Fishers' Library checking books back in.) However, I have a great love of reading. (That seems to be a typical feeling among librarians.) I particularly have been enjoying reading YA literature. I took Materials for Youth last semester and have been stuck on YA ever since. I do want to become a young adult's librarian in a public library eventually.

Currently, I'm working as a graduate assistant with Dr. Applegate and Shaping Outcomes. I'm also hoping to start volunteering at a library soon. I've been talking with a librarian at an IPS school, and I believe I'm going to start volunteering with her, hopefully.

During my free time, I love scrapbooking, card making, watching movies and, of course, reading. I also love spending time with family, friends and my dogs. I'm certianly a dog lover!

I'm looking forward to learning more about reader's advisory and different genres that I may not have been as interested in in the past.

No comments:

Post a Comment